New Year’s Eve marks the beginning of a new year. It’s a wonderful time for family and friends to celebrate, but sometimes this celebration includes drug and alcohol use. For those of us who are sober this can be uncomfortable, it also can be hazardous to our sobriety. Here are some fun alternatives to help you enjoy a sober New Year’s Eve and stay away from the pitfalls of a night club or bar:
- Enjoy a delicious dinner out and finish off with coffee and a delicious dessert.
- Enjoy a local concert.
- Volunteer your time at a charity.
- Make a list of New Year’s Resolutions and think about the positive changes to make in 2017.
- Go to a friend’s house to have a movie marathon.
- Host a game night with yummy appetizers and a few non-alcoholic beverage selections.
If you or a loved one is struggling with sobriety, please call us at (760) 342-6616.
Contact our Admissions Department here.